Our region is at a turning point. We plan to develop
vision" to bring together the region's citizens and organizations
to work together to accomplish mutual goals for the area.
Your participation is needed to ensure that diverse perspectives are
How shall we preserve, promote and protect our strengths and assets?
How shall we overcome the challenges faced by our region?
Your help is needed to create this vision. Please plan to attend a community
meeting in your area and follow-up regional forums.
A regional visioning forum designed to:
• build regional identity
• increase knowledge of the common interests that link our region
• identify the topics that are important to our region
• develop strategies to meet the challenges and opportunities of the next twenty
• help identify priorities for Regional Competitiveness Act funding
• To ensure that the region's citizens and organizations have an
opportunity to contribute and participate in directing
the region's future and vision.
• UVA's Institute for Environmental Negotiation will facilitate
the process, with the assistance of facilitators from the
Piedmont Dispute Resolution Center.
• Members of the public, leaders from government, healthcare, business
and education are all invited and encouraged to attend.
The visioning process will begin with five local meetings, one in each
county, to develop information about the strengths, opportunities
and vision within each county, together with two follow-up regional forums.
The first Regional meeting will:
• hear the results of the five local
• discuss commonalities and shared
• begin to identify ties that can
better strengthen our sense of region
• identify those areas where enhanced
cooperation makes sense
The second Regional meeting will:
• build upon identified regional themes
• recommend a set of actions based
on each of these themes
• empanel committees and enlist the
support of new and existing organizations to move toward implementation
of recommended actions.
County Community Meetings
2/17/01 Orange Train Depot 9am - 11am
2/20/01 Rappahannock Public Library 7pm - 9pm
2/24/01 Culpeper Culpeper County Middle School 9am - 11am
2/26/01 Fauquier Lord Fairfax Comm. College 7pm - 9pm
2/28/01 Madison War Memorial Building 9am - 11am
Follow-up Regional Forums
4/28/01 First Meeting Culpeper County Middle School 9am - 11am
5/19/01 Second Meeting Culpeper County Middle School 9am - 11am
Summaries of Community Meetings held in February 2001:
• Culpeper County
• Fauquier County
• Madison County
• Orange County
• Rappahannock County
Information Regarding Regional Forums:
Saturday April 28, 2001 - 9am
Saturday May 19, 2001 - 9am - 11am
Location for both meetings: Culpeper County Middle School
the upcoming regional forums are available in Adobe Acrobat Reader format
Poster 1 (Adobe Acrobat Reader format - 122 KB)
Poster 2 (Adobe Acrobat Reader format - 18 KB)
Visioning Meeting Slideshow 1 (Microsoft Powerpoint Presentation
Visioning Meeting Slideshow 2 (Microsoft Powerpoint Presentation
- 71 KB)
• Download Adobe Acrobat Reader
Draft Vision Statement:
Vision, dated June 19 (Adobe Acrobat Reader format - 48 KB)
of Discussion Group Items (Adobe Acrobat Reader
Visioning Brochure (Adobe Acrobat Reader format - 481 KB)